Updated pricing of storefronts

So no in/out price just outside?
Would you say the common request is just outside then or us this ur preference?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Every market is different so to give a genaric price is hard unless you know that market ,I see price range for storefront go from
.50- $5+ per pane per side.You need to learn what your market will bare…normaly when pricing storefront work you give a price per pane to clean inside and out, then if they are looking for a cheap price you quote ext price per pane.Then as you get more experiance you will learn to qoute your time and make some more $$, Try to sell the job on a 28 day cycle.Keep your route tight it makes it easier to make $$$.

I hope this helps!

I think it also depends on what sort of store you are cleaning, if you are cleaning a store that has displays in the windows that are not really easily accessible then the inside glass can probable get away with being cleaned every quarter, while if you are cleaning a take away store with seating near windows then you are looking at something that should be cleaned weekly or fortnightly at worst case scenario. I do many stores that are outside only plus the insides of the doors, the high traffic areas. Then I do other stores which are take away types and they are all weekly accounts both sides cleaned.

Most of my customers who opted for external cleaning only I told them no, you need the insides of the doors done as well. None have said no to this, they all are like oh yeah that’s a good idea.
Remember you are the professional, you know best about cleaning glass. What to clean when to clean and how to clean, as for pricing you have to find the median price for your area, you will know pretty quick once you start to quote whether your way to low, way too high or in the ballpark.

It is going to depend on what is in the window; neon signs, large hanging signs, paper fliers taped all over the place. If there is neon tubing around the windows, I tell them that I won’t clean the 2 inch space between the tube and the frame. Or if there are way too many fliers, then I will recommend outside only and inside of the door. It takes too long to clean around their mess. I am in this to make money and if a store will slow me way down, they either pay $$$ or I don’t want them as a client. I am the owner and I pick and choose who I want to clean and how I want to do it. Professional window cleaning is a luxury service that not all businesses can afford. If they can’t afford it, then recommend they buy a gas station squeegee and a bottle of windex and let an employee leave streaks all over the glass.

Very helpful recommendations from everyone. I appreciate all your experiences.

Normal store fronts, maybe 8-10 windows= 5-10 a cleaning, twice a month service. Outsides only, doors in and out and only do insides upon customer request (maybe once a year).

Seems cheap, but if you get 6-7 stores in the same strip area…easy 50-60 an hour

Maybe I’m crazy, but my first two storefronts were $60 and $75 in/out. They are “as needed”, so there was no contract. This was before I bought my 4ft step ladder. I had a squeegee, washer, and pole. Things have changed as I’ve worked into the residential market, but should probably start pounding the streets for more storefront work as winter arrives.

I think .50¢ per small window is pretty cheap (trying to run a business) unless they are all simple to clean and enough to make a profit off of. $2.00 SF seems good and trying to string other nearby SF’s together to make the stop worth it. Can be good filler jobs on a slow week. Guess it’s all about scheduling too. Some small businesses are actually “house conversions” then the price goes to residential pricing, sometimes with a tad bit of leniency on the price if minimal obstacles. Strip stores (SF) can be lucrative if evryone buys your services. Bottom line - are getting paid what it’s worth, or getting screwed?