Wagtail + DIY Curved pole

//youtu.be/fE0IMwcSGsU

Just a short video on the different methods and actions that can be used when cleaning windows with a curved pole and wagtail squeegee.

BRILLIANT !!! i know this is a old post but EXACTLY what i have been looking for!!!

Think about it, you have a Wagtail, and you have a ledger all in one.
If you can find a muffler shop or a plumber with a bending machine you could make your own.
The Unger angle adapter will work as well, and you can fine tune the angle.

Sure wish i had got just one more of those wide body wagtails before they switched styles. My brother stole mine.

Mr. Longarm sell a great pole that’s perfect for this-
Robinson-Solutions Professional Window Cleaning: Melbourne Window Cleaners DIY A Curve Pole

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]What about using an angle adaptor?[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

The newer type of angle adaptors seem as though they would be up to the job.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

The curve gives it something else

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]The only thing is that you can not change the angle on the pole when needed.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Could you expand on that a little Karl, control, clearance?

You have some sick skills!

just went trough my Gee-Rahg and found a Mr. Long Arm pole with the curved end…(forgot i had one of these)
Took off the tip, drilled a couple of holes for a unger tip and here ya go!
Gonna give it a try today with a wagtail wide body…(if it don’t rain…)

Betcha like it since you are already using Wagtail.

The beauty of the curve is it can be used both ways round i.e curve in & curve out. This will give you ledger abilities. You can also reduce the curve by having your squeegee off-set on an unger tip. The Wagtail is fantastic on a curve pole as well. The trouble with angle adaptors is they tend to bend too much whereas the curve keeps it’s shape.

Thanks Karl, good info.

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]Yes that is true that an angle adaptor has side movement (older ones.)[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

Had reinforce the sides with penny washers give it a bit more side stability on these.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

The new type angle adaptors on the other hand have better side stability without having to be reinforced.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

You can adjust to any angle that works best for the squeegee you have on hand.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

Or you can have it straight.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

This way one pole does all.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

Not one straight pole and one curved pole.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>

You have to try it Herman - then you’ll get it. A Wagtail angle arm on the curve gives you even more options.

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]Do mean this one Karl?
[/SIZE][/FONT]http://www.wagtail.com.au/Wagtail%20Product%20Images/extarm.jpg

Yep :rolleyes:

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]Used these but found that they seem to wear quickly.

As said that if you use a angle adaptor you can have any angle you need for job at hand.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Wear? How can you wear away a Wagtail angle adaptor?