Weird issue today

okee dokey i’ll do my best:
dawn’s instructions for washing dishes includes this
3. Work Small To Big.
Now for the “fun part”: scrub, rinse, and dry. Start with utensils, then move up to glassware, plates, bowls, and other medium-sized objects. The biggest dishes tend to be the dirtiest, so save them for last. Give them a good rinse before placing them in your dish rack to dry.
as window cleaners we don’t rinse we scrape of the soap with a rubber blade, this does not remove all the soap.
this is why so many of us feel soap gives us a better glide. the residue left behind is enough to provide some glide until it completely dries so when we make a pass over frshly squeegeed glass as long as we have a damp blade we still get glide.
gg4 uses different chemicals and does not leave a residue so if we try to go back over freshly squeegeed glass we have no glide left. this means great care must be taken to make the over lap of strokes to keep the dry area to a minimum.
the chems used in didh soap are designed to soften the dirt and hold it in the water. this means the residue is a mixture of water soap and dirt. dried soap is sticky and it is designed to attract and hold dirt and that is what it does on the glass.
gg4 uses chems that are designed to charge the glass so the glass actually wants to repel the dirt. it also has a chem that some how destroys the calcium which is the main culprit in most water spots. these chems do not require rinsing the glass is left cleaner with no residue to attract further dirt.
gg glide is designed to give slip BUT STILL NOT LEAVE A RESIDUE so even though it’s slippery when wet it does not have the residual slip of dish soap.
lets assume that either chem system will work for loosening the dirt, gg4 does not leave a residue so at job end the glass is cleaner and stays cleaner longer but as soon as you add regular dish soap you have that residue!
my understanding is that most slip additives (other than gg glide) are basicaly dish soap so they also defeat the no residue effect of gg4.
the science of gg4 has been described to me in some ways similar to di water. certainly wfp windows stay cleaner longer than trad cleaned windows done with soap.
if your using a blade with a doggeared rubber the lack of residual slip becomes even more of problem because the fine tip is not as strong and can start to drag behind and then leave water.

:cactus:27 the king has spoken
hope that helps without starting a war

3 Likes