Wfp explanation skit

I want a cartoon skit showing what is and how a wfp works.

Seems like many techy businesses now have these high quality cartoon skits explaining how they do what they do. Not sure if skit is the right word for it.

would be something along these lines… (would put a lot more thought and detail into actual script)

• shows tap water and tap water tds is shown
  • shows tap water running into di tank and becoming pure water
  • out the hose, up the pole, shows guy on ground wfp’ing impossible to get to windows
  • explanation of agitation and rinsing
  • shows it dry to a shiny finish

All of this would be in “cartoon” graphics. Some catchy jingle going on in the back ground would be nice too.

Anyone interested in brainstorming and pitching up and having a graphic designer create one?

Anyone have a ballpark idea of cost?

What would you do with the video?

Front page of website

Have a cheap wfp pole setup and used it when necessary for impossible windows but this year I plan on doing WFP on every job. I know around here (Ontario, Canada) a lot of people have never heard of WFP. And like what you said in a webinar I watched. Their not sure if its good or bad they just know its different and it makes them feel weird. Haha! So would like to educate my clients.

p.s the epic webinar series blew my mind. So much amazing information

I think a lot of wfp newbies end up on this line of thinking: “this is new, I gotta make sure I can explain it and convince customers it works, yadda yadda yadda…”

I went down the same path starting out. What I’ve discovered (like many others on the forum) is that very few customers care how it gets done, just that it gets done well.

before I start on a job, I don’t explain anything other than where I want to start, and how long I expect to be there. I get to work, using the tools that I know will work best for the situation. If someone does ask questions, I answer them without getting too technical. I sometimes compare the pure water to the “spotless rinse at the car wash, only better, because our system filters out even more of the impurities, down to 000 ppm”. That satisfies the curiosity of 99.5% of customers.

But yeah, a visual presentation would be kinda cool. There was one company that did a riff on that Dodge commercial a year or two ago. Wish I could find it now. Maybe @JaredAI has a link? (He seems to find references/videos for every occasion).

3 Likes

You can get a sketch drawing on people per hour probably between
100-200
Fiveer voice over $ 5-10

I’ve had a couple done spent $100 max
Keep to one minute or less people drop off fast after 1 min

2 Likes

Were you the one who did the “Whiteboard” video a couple years ago?

I’m embarrassed that I don’t remember, because it was one of the best video’s I’ve seen.

• and THAT should be a situation where I remember the author of the vid.
1 Like

Aside from @5star and his “flasher” video.

1 Like

I don’t know why you’d want a video unless you’re looking for filler on a webpage or something. My clients don’t care how the windows get clean, they just want them clean. If they come out and ask about my unit, I’ll explain to them what going on (spot free rinse, etc) but other than that, they really don’t care.

It’d be like me having a video explaining why I use ettore rubber instead of unger. Or little giants instead of that weird other type of ladder I once saw that other window cleaner use that one time.

What you talkin bout willis?

1 Like

It was a riff on this commercial:

They did a great job of showing off the wfp system in a fun and entertaining way. Really wish I could find it now :confused:

@chris or @alex, you guys remember seeing that?

Nevermind, I finally found who did it. Looks like he took the video down. Here’s one he did with a lot of the same footage, but only a fraction of the fun:

4 Likes

There called Xtension ladders. Just so you know for next time :roll_eyes:

They do have ladders designed just for window cleaners. I can’t remember there name , but when I do I’ll hit you up

3 Likes

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike the whole
“tube floppng around, outside the pole” thing?!?

I was sitting there, enjoying the video, until THIS suckiness happened… :disappointed:

Oh yea - That was Garret G that made that video. It was really good.

Im using it to educate my current clients. They are going to be curious why it’s being done differently now, which is understandable.

I think the truth of the matter is that I need to get my new setup up, and prove it does just as good of a job to myself before I can confidently sell it to my clients.

1 Like

thing is it doesn’t do just as good, it does better.
yes you need to be confident of it but as long as you do it right it is definitely better.

Just tell them it’s FM technology. “Freaking magic”

You can make your own explainer video. Trust me though… You would rather find a high rated seller on Fiverr.com.

You will end up shelling out about $100 for 2-3 minute video. Need to have script ready.

Video converts at a astonishingly high rate.

Pictures Tell Words Sell… Right?
If a picture is worth a thousand words? How many words is a video worth?

I have seen increase in conversions as high as 300%

Used to use a lot of video. Still do.

The best way to pitch your product is a stadium pitch.

1 Like

I agree, but I’m not going to do a video about the type of soap I put in my bucket or the type of rubber I use.

WFP is a tool and unless you’re getting a lot of questions about it, I wouldn’t bother with a special wfp video. I would highly recommend doing a company video or a personal video or something other than a technical video.