Wfp help

So I’m on a big wfp job. I’ve tried 2 different brushes and still can’t get this spot on the 3rd floor off the window. Do you guys that do a lot of these worry about spots like this or do you just leave it and move on to the next pane? Is this something that a boar brush would get off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

This is exactly why I charge 20% more for first cleans.

Put a scrub pad or a razor up there and get it. I’ve done razor work 5 stories up before. Time consuming but then on the second cleaning I come into me $$, $$$.

…Scrub pad with 0000 steel wool on it.

Are you guys just clipping that to you wfp?

Put the secondary tool on a Reach Around or use a Gardiner…

Hmm. I’ll have to get one of those. I just put a steel wool pad where my wfp brush goes. I buffed out 5 spots that were bad looking. 4 of them came off. I’m going to try a razor in a bit and see if I can get that last spot. I explained to the customer that some of these are really bad and aren’t going to be perfect. To what level of perfection do you guys aim for on these big jobs? This is a 3 storey government building with a little over 700 panes of glass

Here’s some photos

Definitely a nice size job.

Those windows are still wet in the photo right?

If not, did you try hitting the frames first and give it some drip time then come back for a second pass about an inch from the mullion?

It looks like it was only on the lower smaller window right? More so than the upper?

If thats the case, then thats the problem.

Your water is getting contaminated from the seals.

Those are all pretty clean photos from when I bid the job. The marks are the worst on the front windows not pictured. Other than that it’s just random drips and marks that occasionally won’t come off. I climbed up to one yesterday and it was old silicone on the window

Pre clean photos. Auto correct has been killing me lately.

@ Pure Water Window Cleaning…Sorry I know this is off topic but where in the US can you get Gardiner brushes?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

So out of curiosity what is the life expectancy if a wfp? I have 5 windows left on the 3rd floor of this huge jib and then this happens

Duct tape fixes everything right?

Theres some pretty good advise up there…

But,

Ive found seagull poo that gets dried on badly, start to stain glazing (perhaps acid etch? as bird poo can effect car paintwork also), and not be able to remove the underlying stain from it.

It could be something like that…

Does water sheet over it, like it was some man made substance, like a silicone sealant?

Ha! The few spots I originally posted about sound exactly like that. The main bulk came off but there is still a oil slick there. That’s some great knowledge to have. Can it come off or is it actually etched into the glass

If it is bird poo, it can be quite acidic… thats why you should never leave it on auto paintwork etc.

Ive never gone so far as to use restoration fluids or steel wool (i have tried using the non scratch white scrub pads)… If the clients not willing to pay more for a restoration process to cover the cost of chems and labour im not willing to work out the issue, out of my own pocket.

Now if it an sealant or oil (as you say)… pretty sure there is some chem u could use… (all depends on what it is really).

What pole is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

It’s a 35’ carbon fiber pole I bought through ABC window cleaning supply. I think it’s their triple crown brand.its been OK but I probably wouldn’t buy it again

So talking about oil. I greased the wheels on my cart the other day. And today when I was cleaning up I noticed on oil slick on my wfp brush. Most of the oil washed out bur is there anything I can use to get the rest of that oil out or is that brush toast?