What is the average yearly income for Pressure washing?

Maybe just ease into it and let people get to know you better.
Post up something positive or helpful.

I paid 1000 dollars for my new 4 rpm 4200 psi pressure washer. The residential job I did today was $1200 dollars. It paid for itself in under 8 hours!

i love pressure washing.

Ron, you said that each unit is doing 1/4 million a year. You are referring to each hot-water skid on a trailer, correct?
Donā€™t you have over 20 units?

If my math is correct, thatā€™s not too shabby. Just another power wash chump

Not I have 13 units that run two shifts sun thru fri. I have 11 rental units.

I also sub work to many contractors in Arizona & California. I also do some things in other parts of the country. Thatā€™s becoming larger each day.

I have trucks & vans , in Cali we are really going to lean towards smart cars. I recently purchased ones for sales.

Each unit Comercial if route driven can produce 224,000

I run single man units. Iā€™m ready to unfold a national app Iā€™ve been using to the industry in the coming months. Itā€™s in final stages.

It will cover all cleaning industryā€™s.

Thereā€™s guys that have tried my ways an succeeded others who have failed.

I build service routes one job at a time.

I have had national companies spy on me. Iā€™m sure it cost them a bunch traveling with me. Last four years I have only been home about five months. This last year I have been home a bunch.

I start traveling again, Iā€™ll see many wcra guys along the way in the next year or two.

Iā€™ve been around 27 years may 2014 I hand up the wand an squeegee for good.

Hereā€™s a photo of rental units all yellow, shops nothing glamorous. I clean sidewalks.

Yes 224,000 is for real. My advice an info is free.

Ron Musgraves text me for
questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute.com

I want to clarify the second shift units make a bit less. Plus these are single man crews for the majority of work. Interiors will carry additional men along with some resort stuff. Only for safety reasons.

Ron Musgraves text me for
questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute.com

WOW Ron! Your a beast!!

And thanks for your advice you have given me! I did lock down those few Walgreens
accounts I called you on.

a quarter of a million, is that yearly or the span of the unit itself? but thats wonderful there seems to be tons of money in commercial pressure washing! i like that im in my first year so im hoping to expand my business to add Residential & Commercial pressure washing, Scratch Removal, janitorial, carpet washing and landscaping, along with my window cleaning and be pretty much your one stop shop for all cleaning maintenance needs. Its a while away but not too far im young and have time on my side as well as the energy to do so.

Leafā€¦I am not much older than you are, and was 21 when I started my business. I would advise to stick with wcā€™ing and pwā€™ing to start with. EXCEL in one or two things, not 10.

I thought about adding carpet cleaning but there is NO money in that, at least in my market. Janitorial is the same thing, work all night long for $20 an hour. And landscapingā€¦well that takes a completely different set up equipment wise.

Your very young and eager, and I can respect that because so am I. My advice again would be to start with wcā€™ing and pwā€™ing. Once you gross $150,000 a year I might think about adding other services. But by then you will realize how much $$ you can make with only those two services.

Best of luck!

I agree with Kyle. Theres nothing wrong with having a big vision. I admire that. Unless you have alot of money to invest, landscaping and carpet cleaning might be hard to justify. To do them right you need thousands of dollars in equipment. I would stick to one or two services at first and see where you end up. If you find that you have requests for other things then you can branch out or have other divisions of your comapny with employees working in different aspects. It is very possible to all of these things, but being a jack of all trades may give customers the impression that you a master at none of them. Start slow and see how it goes.

We used to turn all of our pressure washing over to another company and we lost a lot of income. Now, we do everything ourselves. Adverege income, 10 to 20%. I just signed on to do 97 homes, I guess Iā€™m gonna be the dumb one, all the way to the bank! Before going to far, look into insurance!

yeah, carpet cleaning is a pretty large investment. well, at least to do it properly. you can get cheap equipment but you probably wont have a lot of happy customers. im sure thats not the way you want to be. if you have any questions about it though, let me know. iā€™ve been a carpet cleaner for almost 12 years and iā€™m the service manager of a large company. after i break off from that company and go out on my own, and after my do not compete clause expires (3 years) i plan on doing it as well.

I also clean window treatments and hunter douglas blinds which is a GREAT upsell while cleaning windows

Please help me with that, how are you cleaning the blinds? We did one job last year and have been talking of adding that to the line up.

hunter douglas blinds or any? or all window treatments? hunter douglas i would recommend taking their cert class. great class, they walk you through all the different types of blinds and how to clean each and which products to use. and after you are certified, they send you business from customers of theirs (not very often, but it does happen)

I think all are going to do all blinds. Iā€™m going to look into the class. Thank you very much!

I think we are looking at doing all blinds and interior shutters. I will look into the class. Thank you very much!

As time goes on and my clients and accounts pick up i would be able to add more services, my partner is handling janitorial right now, im doing windows and pressure washing, and i have a friend who is down for my idea and owns his own carpet cleaning business, and a buddy who owns a landscaping business. Other than my partner, the other two i can subcontract for now. the carpet cleaning has proffesional grade equipment and the landscaper does too, the best part is they provide great quality of work at a really low price, so i can subcontract them to the average prices of the area and make money off of it. But as for having it all in one company is going to take time and innovation but it can be done and there is money that can be made.

The dumb reference was pure sarcasmā€¦It was kind of amusing.

I mean some people take a simple task and turn it into an art formā€¦That is the nature of business is not? Give the backing powder a clabber girl and sheā€™ll raise the biscuits higher and flakier than your granny could ever musterā€¦Marketingā€¦neurosis and sex appealā€¦Oh yes. A high end house with an obsessive compulsive clean freak would likely love to have his sidewalks,house washed.

I would charge 10$ a gallon for water :slight_smile: It seems like pressure washing would be a logical add on because of lack of big expense. The power washer will pay for itself.

Here in loony liberal california gutter cleaning would be cost prohibitive because our disposal sites charge a hefty price per pound of rubbageā€¦even if they mulch it into compost to be sold as boutique soilā€¦reallyā€¦Iā€™m not kidding. Our waste sites are alchemists.

I just helped a pressure cleaning company sign close to $100,000 in sales in 2 months.

In this case we targeted property management companies. If you want to go the
residential route it will be harder, but still can be fruitful. I know of businesses that
have been around 10 years and have never cracked $80k in sales, annually, and those
in business for 3 years making $250+k.

Youā€™re only limited by youā€¦ the sky is the limit, as long as you have a marketplace
receptive to your services.

I would be careful of getting into too many partnershipsā€¦

There is no doubt that partnerships can be great. I was in a partnership for a period of a year,
ended up buying him out. I didnā€™t know it could feel so good to call ALL your OWN shots DAY AFTER DAY
without anyone else second guessing or wanting to go the opposite way you do.

Paul that is amazing! Can we talk? I might want to use your expertise to help grow my pwā€™ing via
property management, condo associations etcā€¦

Please email me if you read this.

it totally depend on the work of the company how they are working and providing and facility.