What is your Residential Screen Cleaning Process?

Never.

1 Like

weā€™ve just had issues in the past.
with the product on the screen it transfers to the glass under it and then is a bear to wpole after that

I like the screen washer for really dirty screens. But I feel like screens still look bad after they dry regardless if I cleaned them with strip washer or screen washer

No. Only screen magic that makes everything look like new. I donā€™t like it because of the transfer problem. I need to buy some speedy screen to see if it had same problem. I have heard people say it make window hydrophobic.

I think the screen washer is handy to have I donā€™t always use it. I have stopped using it because it adds too much time to the job. But there are some screen that the only thing that will work is the screen washer and soap. I fell like I have made my money back on the few jobs that I have used it on.

I made this video last year and forgot about it. Usually I only spend 15-20 seconds on screens but I was trying to demonstrate my technique.

Thoughts:

The dirtier the screens, the more soap youā€™ll need which will also require more rinsing. The soap is my magic sauce to get screens the cleanest. Without soap you might end up with lines in the dirt or the results might not be as good.

If the screen is fragile, donā€™t tap it and just dry it gently by hand.

If you flick the screen (a screen in good condition) with a microfiber to dry it, make sure you keep wringing out the cloth because if it gets really wet, itā€™ll get heavy, and it might cause damage. The more you deal with screens, the more youā€™ll know what you can get away with. If the screen is fragile you can (maybe) flick on the frames themselves and then dry by hand.

Oh, lastly, itā€™s more about the show than anything. Do this in front of the house where the neighbors can see you and youā€™ll get noticed. For me itā€™s not be about speed but about presentation.

4 Likes

The Aztec screen washer is worth every penny. It saves a ton of time and saves your back. Easiest way to clean screens by far if you already have them stacked up.

Is that just watered down soap and what ratio. I put pure soap on the screens once as I stacked them. when I cleaned them there was a line where the soap was and still looked a little dirty a little dirty. I just assumed that the screens are oxidized. That customer left me a review and mentioned the screen cleaner. It gets the most use when I have a helper. But when Iā€™m solo I donā€™t tend to use it unless absolutely needed or if I noticed people watching me cleaning windows I will collect some screens and bust out the screen cleaner for show.

Love my Aztec definitely needed in Vegas with all the dust

2 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t think a drop of soap on the screen will work. I just add maybe 3-5x the normal amount of soap I put in my squirt bottle to clean windows. The dirtier the screen the more soap. I guess you could also put it on the brushes of the screen washer, but I like it better on the screens themselves to rinse off.

If you stack up the screens, you can squirt them all. But about 10 deep you might not get to the back ones. Maybe stack them up and squirt them 5-7 at a time?

Like in the video, I run it pretty hard to scrub/wash it and then a slow rinse cycle to get the soap off.

Oh, and more than a few times, Iā€™ve run my mop through the screen washer as well. Iā€™ve done some jacked up windows and the mop just gets nasty.

1 Like

Not just a screen cleaning machine , but look at this itā€™s a strip washer cleaner also
Call today to get your free strip washer an handle with a purchase of a Aztec cleaning machine
I can see you in the informercial
I like that ! :grin:

I ran out of bamboo steamers. But you can take the brush out of the rail and slide it into your squeegee handle for the REALLY bad cobweb removal jobs. I found out by accident the brush is about the same size as a channel. :wink:

2 Likes

I ran into this same problem. I was hopeful Speedy Screen would be better but I found it to have the same problem as Screen Magic.

Permanent marker on the top of the frame. We have are own marking systems based on where it is at in the house. And when we come back for repeat cleanings the screens are already marked

[quote=ā€œJon_Mark_Trammel, post:37, topic:35789, full:trueā€]
I ran into this same problem. I was hopeful Speedy Screen would be better but I found it to have the same problem as Screen Magic.
[/quote]plus screen magic is expensive

Found a picture of one of my techs cleaning screens