What your vehicles setup?

So im in the process of doing a van remodel for spring. I was wondering what some of u guys are doing with your setups. I really want to go to having a tank on board this year for water fed work. But wondering if anybody has some fantastic setup for there van particularly but any vehicle would be cool to see. Here’s picks if what I’m up to.

Pics? OMG im Blind!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Sorry I couldn’t get them to upload at first. Here we go

The only thought I have is to move the golf clubs closer to the door. They are hard to get at on the back wall. You don’t want to be delayed at tee time.:cool:
Joe

1 Like

FWIW:

//youtu.be/3auopCMS_LM

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/wc-equipment-vehicle-setups/38226-infinity-cleanings-scion-xb-window-cleaning-mobile.html

Actually all joking aside, my plan is to move from a truck to a van this year. I have had vans and trailers in the past when I framed for a living. I really enjoy the van set up and I have been giving it a lot of thought. One of my personal pet peeves is having the door blocked so you can’t climb in. If I were you I would want to relocate the reel at the side door, maybe move it where the tool box is in front of the shelf. That is if the shelf could move back. I also do power washing and I would like to have a chemical tank in the van. I know this is generally a bad idea, but I have a few ideas that may make it work.
I have three hose reels, two are set up as stackers with supply line and WFP hose, the last has PW hose. I love the hose reels. it saves so much set up and clean up time. You could fit a stack unit by the back door on the right very nicely. In your van I would also make a angle iron frame work around the tank and use the space above it for storage. Looks like you are getting it fixed up though. I hope it turns out perfect for you.
Joe

Oh I want the stacking hose real thing but It all costs money and that isn’t too plentiful in the winter. But this was the first step in setting this up. It would be nice to see how some run there system with a tank. The plumbing and the battery setup and etc. I have a good idea what I need to do but it would be cool to see others ideas and what others have learned. What they would do again and what they would do different.
Yeah I’m working up in my mind ideas of shelving and what not to put around the tank and all. I just want to be more proficient this year is the goal. I would spend so much time setting up and breaking down last year on rezi work. I have to cut some of that time out this year. Thanks for any suggestions.

To me a tank is nice absolutely , but that takes up room if you have it that’s great . I use the stack reels an the customers hose spigot . It take me 3-5 minutes to hook my hose up to there spigot so those few minutes I don’t mind

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

1 Like

Are you in a northern climate?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I’m in western Kentucky. So we have winter. A little milder than lot of people more north than me. But still cold, snowy and ice.

So I really would love to see some other guys setups. I don’t know it’s just kind of cool to see how other guys do it. Please share.

I had a welder friend of mine weld a bracket to the van wall instead of drilling threw the floor for the reels

The hose by my belt gets hooked up to the the wfp reel not seem it’s in my garage . Waiting for spring :slight_smile:
My di tanks are in my house two 1/2 cubes I’ll be buying a 3rd this spring

I would start this way if I were you then later on if you want a tank pump set up you can do that .

2 Likes

Cool mike!! Thanks for sharing with me. I have been a little envious of your setup for while. You shared a pic before.
Yeah I think one of the major reasons I want to do a tank this year is I have a house right now I do ever month from spring to fall. And the Tds is so high my resin takes a huge hit every time I do it. So I’m thinking if I bring my water from home I can improve my resin replacement some. And the setup and break down issue. Really though the varying Tds readings I get puts a hit on my system. Because I cover a large territory. With multiple readings so I’m thinking if I’m in a place that’s high I can use tank and in place that’s low have a di tank with me to run from there house.

That makes sense them to have a tank. I never thought ther would be such a big up an down in tds somewhere out there. [MENTION=3851]Wagonhound[/MENTION]. [MENTION=2739]advantage202[/MENTION] They have nice tank set ups I know Caleb was doing it also so hopefully they get on here an help you out. That one house you do how big is it ?

Oh an what’s your tds readings range from ?

Oh that house takes couple hours and it’s only outside. My Tds ranges from 230-100. And to be honest sometimes I don’t check I just hook up and then I’m like oh crap my resin. But since getting the wash it pro with an RO tank it has helped but I just want to save a little money that’s all.
Man I really just want to get where I can just pull up and flip a switch or whatever pull my hose out and start cleaning.

@Neal’s window cleaning: Starting out with pure water I had a wide variety of TDS (100-450) readings with along with very inconsistent water pressure, once I went to a tank set-up I found it more practical just to leave the filtering process at home. With a 60 gal tank I can go virtually all day, always have the same water pressure, and it reduces set-up time.

http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/residential-window-cleaning/35758-portable-pure-water-set-up.html

thanks for the mention, I meant to post earlier and forgot :wink: [MENTION=855]KleenGleem[/MENTION] was visiting today with his family and just took a few pics. He’s going to set up a tank system soon.
Simon- post some pics when you have it ready bro!

here is a couple pics of mine

Sorry for the mess in the van we helped on a new construction last week and were in the mud… It’s a mess!

Nice set up!

So I have been doing some work on my vehicle setup. Was wondering if any body else has been doing some upgrades to there vehicle setup?

So the plan is to either break apart my wash it pro. And hang the RO tank on the wall with a di tank to polish. With carbon filter in front. Or just put in two di tanks to filter water if tank runs dry. Still have to wire my pump controller and hook up battery connections. But any suggestions would be awesome.

1 Like