What's your favourite swivel squeegee/scrubber combo?

so thank you all again
@anon35812390 you rate the combi as your #1 wagtail but no one has comments on it’s performance as a lubricating squeegee.
the slimeline to me is the easiest of all to diy and is basically what i have done so far with a pvc pivot and ettore brass channel.
there are 3 different lubricating channels from wagtail the high flyer, precision glide and combi. i would love to get more opinions (experience based) on those as i have a couple of applications i want the lubricating and drip control for.
@marcuswindows you have a combi too do you use it as a lubricator or one pass

Wich of them do you prefer?

I have no experience with the High Flyer. My days of buying ‘new’ Wagtails created with existing designs with tweaks and minor bolt ons is over, the’Combi’ as a ‘one pass’ tool is clunky and a waste of time. I’ve only ever optimised them to be used as an ‘orbital flipper’. ( SEE, confusion reigns already as they are almost identical tools simply with the pad attached to give a different usage ). My short experience with a Precision Glide was mainly positive (except for the clips) and it would be definitely better than the Combi as a lubricating squeegee. The High Flyer I don’t believe is a lubricating squeegee. This is an extrusion that had a dual pivot along the lines of the microfibre pad floor mops, you soap up the glass with the pad and then ‘flip’ the tool to make use of the squeegee blade attached to the leading edge. I have no intention of buying or using so am unable to comment further. Anyone out there have one? Don’t think, apart from Willie’s own online store, anyone stocks them.

1 Like

thanks, that is helpful.
btw the high flyer is a lubricating/scrubbing, the swoop or swipe thing is not, both have a scrubber attached to a swiveling pad, and both are available to a degree

I have tried the precision glide channel and enjoyed the self-lubricating squeegee on hot sunny Florida days, but the “precision” end clips and velcro tabs were just too fussy for my liking when changing rubbers. It also did not deliver on its zero-detail promise without modification. So in the drawer it sits.

I’ve been happy to work with a set of modified Pivot Control handles, holding liquidator channels for the last 8 months or so. I modified a wagtail pad to work on the liquidator channel with a brass rod like Wagga and @luke3636, but did not care for it and have opted instead to use a regular strip washer and switch tools quickly on the pole for each window.

I’ve just received two excelerators earlier today so time will tell if they will work better for me than the current hybrid system. They seem sturdy and well-made, and the fliq pad seems much nicer than the Wagtail.

2 Likes

Let us know how you like the excelerator after you use it for a bit, I’m curious on your opinion.

2 Likes

I certainly shall.

1 Like

So there goes my point. No cohesion or consistency. Swoosh, swish, high Flyer, fart in the wind…honestly who the hell would know which is which and what is what. It took me nearly 3 years to clarify the difference between his then existing two styles…and now? His dual pivot experiments have already gone through 2 or 3 names with almost zero exposure or promotion. Any videos out there? Any model breakdowns and explanations of what they do, don’t do and the differences in model/s ?..and we’re not even touching the confusion that surrounds the waterfed tools…generally denoted by having a BLUE disc I believe…aaargh…

4 Likes

I use the Wagtail Combi every day 6 days a week for the last 3 years. The Slimline has a better orbiting motion, imo, but Combi allows pad to be screwed into extruded aluminum (user mod).

One Pass Mode: Little windows above doors in fast food restaurants, or one drag touch ups for drips on edges. Not practical for even moderate stains (insect poo, fingerprints).

Slimline: By using clips glued to channel, one can then drill self-tapping screws through pad, into clips (screws perpendicular to channel). I think I have pics somewhere.

Excelerator 18": Pros - better finish on edges, pad holds more water, pad stays put, adjustable angles, option to lock channel or swivel

Cons: Heavy, more difficult to use 2nd story than Wag, more difficult to close out with pad on bottom, less slip than Wag

@cactus27, none are a waste of money but Wags do require mods. Both brands have adv/disadv but if you do a decent amount of storefront, they’re invaluable. They’ll shave an hour job down to 40 minutes easily.

I have no experience w/ Wag Highflyer.

2 Likes

I still haven’t been able to achieve that time savings with the excelerator, for certain reasons that I have posted before…
it’s fustrating having a tool (that you want to work) but doesn’t seem to work properly for me…rrr.

2 Likes

Steve,

How many hours have you used it approximately?

I hated it the first day. But grew on me the 2nd and used it over Wag 3rd day and beyond. Lol, “beyond” meaning day 4 since Ive only had it 4 days.

Try this: using it only at 25° until pad breaks in more.

It definitely has less slip than Wag but less time spent rewetting since it holds more H2O.

Also, about how much route work do you have each week?

EDIT: Also, I know we are talking about the tangibles here but many a patron is mesmorized by either tool, to the extent that they just HAVE to come over and ask out of curiosity and these are potential resi leads.

I think it looks cool to people, they’ve never seen anything like it, it makes one look like some WC guru… good for business!

2 Likes

What do you think about this guys?:

The feature meets the history. Retro-Future Swivel/Scrubber :sunglasses:

(I can’t upload my IPhone photos anymore. Is it new they limited the size of the photos here?)

Lol I think it s in the wrong thread :wink:

Don’t criticise the old Unger Zero degree handle, it’s a legend :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s hard to say. I prefer the wagtail handles as a hand tool and the excelorator for pole work. As far as the channels go I not really getting a long with the liquidator channels (1.0 or 2.0) during winter. The summer it was great, but now constantly having issues with rubber snagging and streaks left behind. Perhaps it was best only when using hard rubber, but it’s just a guessing game.

1 Like

5-6hrs on the glass, not sure how many hours in my hand or the pole going wtf.

Thanks for the suggestion that what i have been doing. @anon35812390 suggested that.

“We” are on storefront glass min 20-24hrs. We cover a lot of glass…

LOL unless they see you cursing the tool, then they seem to shy away… :wink:

But I know what you mean! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update on the excelerator… it was the angle of the rubber to the glass, its amazing what one step forward or backward will do for you… :wink:

Close out are still a pain, but i got the work around so it all good so for now!

4 Likes

Unger o degree got me through my latest job when Moerman couldn’t deliver.

1 Like

Which angle do you use now?

When poling, 25 degrees.

It was suggested to me from @luke3636, @anon35812390 and @TheWindowCleanse.

But my issue came from improper angle of the rubbers edge to the glass, because I was so use to the angle of the pole to zero degree to glass.

Hope that helps… if you got more questions and i can help i will just ask.

2 Likes