Who is a better Marketer?

And you can’t mess with Tory :slight_smile:

Nah - just kidding…he’s a pussycat. Tigers are pussycats, right?

You’re gonna love what I’ve got up my sleeve for May 1, 2010, then.

John Jantsch (duct tape marketing) Says “Definition of Marketing is getting people, who have a specific need or problem, to know, like, and trust you”. I have seen Paul many times on here basically called people morons. Where I’m from that isn’t the way to get people to trust or like you. Later on in the book (the next page) it also says that in marketing you don’t sell goods or services you sell solutions to problems. Paul’s way just doesn’t sound like nether one of those to me when you call people D-U-M-B and tell then to go read more books. It might be true but that is not how you get people to like you or even want to call on you for help.

BTW. My last post might have been a little much but I just gave it how Paul would give it, RAW!

Dont blame it on me ya doink! You know I dont care if you get back on the forum, as long as you keep your butt outta south county Im good. You gotta ask Damian, and he only let ME on because Im in the south…so I didnt take your spot…ask damian, he is the one with the keys, not me…you know I’ll give you all the secret info anyway:D

Just kidding Kevin:p

How can any of us make an informed, accurate decision, unless we’ve hired them both to market for us, or know about their own companies marketing efforts?

Seems like a ridiculous poll to me. What’s the point? Is the poll really asking, who do we like better? I wouldn’t answer that one either.

I have read the window cleaning marketing ebooks from both marketers and sought the advice of both afterward. If you can get past all of Paul’s self-centered, egotistical BS what he has to say is dead-on-balls. I value his input and seek it every chance I get. I subscribe to his blog and have purchased his eBook, which I continue to go back to from time to time, and he is one of only a very few that I follow on Twitter. His method of marketing his “marketing know-how” is in question not his knowledge of. Paul’s style is more geared towards what are we saying to the customer. He has definitely helped me in that area.

Kevin is like the Mr. Rodgers of marketing compared to Paul. It’s really hard to compare the two because the styles are so different. Both are very passionate about the business and want people to succeed. Kevin’s use of imagery to illicit responses from customers is very gifted. His eye for what will attract the customer to the advertising piece I do value. Thanks to Kevin I look for ways now to draw the customer into the flier through imagery for further reading.

Sorry can’t choose. I value both input.

Excellent point, Dejay.

I would actually disagree with John Jantsch, and define marketing differently.

As for Paul as a marketer, I would like to say this:

Paul is a very insightful marketer, and has the ability to look at a piece and instantly see how it can be made better.

He also wants people (YOU) to succeed, and uses a straightforward style that some find abrasive or insulting, but he doesn’t wake up every morning hoping to elicit either negative reaction.

Different strokes move different folks. I’ve chatted with Paul on the phone a couple of times over the years, and have found him to be very friendly and easy to talk to.

He is also serious about becoming even more of a marketing expert as time goes by, and is equally committed as I am to doing so.

Just in case you have the wrong idea about him.

And I agree. You have a great way of looking at Marketing and so does John Jantsch.
Here is how I look at that. I know that Paul is good at what he does I don’t doubt that he might even get Great at what he does. I have learned some things by reading his Blogs and posts but I would never give him a red cent or refer him and this is why. He is not a likable guy from what I have seen. I don’t care how nice his site is or how many book he has read or wrote. I don’t care if he has the best postcards, flyer or even a Jet. If he comes off like a jerk then sorry I will shop around. I already know that I’m not the smartest guy when it comes to marketing but I don’t want some guy that I’m asking for help telling me that im a moron while at the same time telling me that he is the greatest. Downing people so he feels more superior? I don’t understand it. I was raised not to kick someone when they are down. Not me bro!

Paul has never personally attacked me or ever put me down. Nor have I ever seen him do that to anyone that was seeking advice

I have found his posts tend to kick but more of a kick start someone to take action.

Since I have been sorta disconnected from the window cleaning
world this is not a great comparison. Nice of you to try and stir
the pot. :rolleyes:

I am not trying to be better than Kevin and I am sure he feels
the same way. I don’t even see a real comparison. Technically
Chris is better than both of us combined if we want to look
at body of work.

My lack of attention to my fellow window cleaners will be
remedied in 2 weeks. I may not come around often but I
have not forgotten you.

I never did this. Please show me the link to where it is.

You are a strange guy Dejay. One minute I 'm your buddy then
I see this.

whatever…

Let’s do it.

You can use my market for a testing ground. :smiley:

[SIZE=“5”]I’m game![/SIZE]

Someone else then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Glass
I don’t want some guy that I’m asking for help telling me that im a moron

better get used to it dejay… didnt you just get engaged? :slight_smile:
ever seen bridezillas?

That would be fun.

We should chat about this sometime soon.

I should have a lot more time in about 5 weeks…

Seen like I heard that on another forum from the same guy. HUH

Originally Posted by Simply Glass View Post
I don’t want some guy that I’m asking for help telling me that im a moron

Thanks Larry I was trying to eat some popcorn daMnED near choked on that comment.

To be honest, I am not sure what I have to benefit from
this. I already have proved myself and I honestly do not
feel I am in competition with you.

I will do the ‘duel’ if you all want to see it, but it’s trivial. Why
don’t me and Kevin collaborate on someone’s mail piece or
flier? Maybe we can walk the talk and actually help someone
struggling.

I write ads all day every day. I have had MANY postcards
break $50,000 in sales. I had b/w fliers get 6% response…
what good does this do unless we can do something special.

This thread is a popularity contest, not who’s the best marketer
and I am fine with being the bad guy. Let’s turn this into
something more meaningful and fun.

Just a thought