Why does this keep happening to me lol

so after the railing thing I posted earlier we had two jobs. One House washing where we got water into a covered electrical outlet. The homeowner was fine with it and was surprised herself because the box she purchased was meant to be waterproofed.

The second job we had we cleaned some windows using out wfp and the paint washed off the garage. I don’t know what’s happening, we keep running into issues. It has NEVER been like this. One thing after another…

No it didn’t

Do you know what could have done it then? Literally we can’t get those white stripes off. Oxidation?

More than likely an it was the DI water that made a reaction with the oxidized paint . Go buy a bucket of paint and you can get it painted in about 1 hour , live and learn.

1 Like

Wait a minute? What?! The paint washed off the garage door?

Wet your finger and run it along the door surface, does it come off on your finger? Yes - oxidation; Not your circus not your monkey.
No? Runoff from the cement wall. Scrub the garage door clean.

2 Likes

lol ‘Not your circus not your monkey.’

This is the second day in a ROW you say this to me. aahhh man…whats going to happen next

1 Like

always good to rinse (even brush and rinse) whole door, get everything wet, rather than leaving just the window run off trails to dry

1 Like

And this is why I do it the traditional way. Yikes.

It would take all of a minute to clean that with a squeegee, I don’t understand the mentality of using wfp when it’s easier to just pull out the squeegee, you could have polished that with a damp microfibre and then a dry one…wax on wax off Daniel san…sometimes you gotta get your hand off the pole mate, and get your face to the glass, especially if you can walk right up to it, and so then what you leave puddles of water every where…and now the predicament you find yourself in, it happened because of the way you chose to clean it…the ‘lazy’ way… you could clean that glass with almost no water at all, as far as I’m concerned wfp should only be used where a ladder can’t reach…depends on your customer base though I guess…I find that people with expensive ocean front views have money and are more willing to pay to see a guy with his face up to the glass removing every tiny spot that can’t be seen from 5metres below…if you can’t get up a ladder, and lean off to the side and clean a window with your non preferred hand, while gripping a flyscreen in the other hand then your just a shop front cleaner as far as I’m concerned. The more wfp I see the more I realise trad is a dying art which just means there’s gonna be a whole lot more high end work for guys like myself. The young dogs don’t want to learn old tricks.

Ya it would have , but being that he just got done doing the whole house with a WFP might as well do the garage door also . Why go back to the truck get a squeegee and strip washer to clean a garage door ? I’m in agreement with Genero, and I do agree with what Gary says , but just to make the customer happy I’d paint it. If it didn’t come clean after scrubbing whole door.

Ooh Rah ! Take it easy marine :rofl:. I’ve been doing this a long time. If I didn’t think a WFP could do as good a job then trad tools I wouldn’t be using it.
I have two sets of sectionals , and plenty of other ladders. A clean window is a clean window. I get maybe two calls a year asking how you cleaning my windows. Most don’t care how you clean them. They just want them clean , and would prefer a safer method than not. Those ones calling asking how you cleaning my windows probably talked to guys like you. Who said :muscle::muscle: I use ladder and nose to glsss :roll_eyes:most don’t do this anymore :rofl::rofl:
Just like the guy who says I use hot water not cold as if that’s going to get the house cleaner.
Either way my business is stronger than ever wfp and cold water high end Holmes and all.
Keep laddering if that makes you feel better. Noting wrong with that, but don’t insult anyone’s integrity that uses wfp instead of ladders. If ladders are needed then that’s what they would use.

2 Likes

It’s the last 1% that’s can often make the difference between a good job and an exceptional job, this here is the case in point…save a minute now and cost you hours later…doesn’t sound like much but in this game the difference between 99% and 100% is what separates the average from the pros

Hey marine, seems I hit a nerve…no one’s calling me asking me how I clean windows, they already know how I do it because I’ve had a full run of repeats for years…so the question is why are they calling you and asking how you do it?
Like I said wfp has a time and a place…using a wfp where a squeegee makes better sense is just lazy, why leave puddles of water lying around,
so you can find yourself in the exact situation he’s now in…a professional cleans up their mess after them and leaves the place in a better state than when they arrived, marine.

Cause the old tricks are outdated lol

1 Like

You define it as “LAZY”, I define it as more efficient in terms of time/labour and also in the end result.
As someone who has been in this game for 27 years, never used WFP for the first 15, 12 years of high rise XP, thousands of lift hours over 15000 ladder hours. That being said I use WFP for almost all external windows, I don’t do route work, so no small jobs.

Regarding water… about 50% of the homes I clean have security screens on the windows that are either not removable or require removal of screws to remove them this takes up too much time, so I clean them in place, to ensure a good clean on these screens they need to be hosed with a soapy solution and rinsed off… So water should already be a part opf a good window cleaners’ tools.
The water left behind from a WFP clean is about 1-2 litres per pane, where I live this is normally dry by the time the screens are put back on.

These days there are so many newer brushes which can reduce the time and increase the end clean result. I have spent around $1500 on brushes alone.
An example I have a display home which takes about an hour to trad, to use a standard brush with pencil jets shaves about 15 mins, with a 18" rinse bar 30 mins, with the newest scrubby swivel tool(that I wont name as my post will likely be deleted) that job is down to 15 mins.

You can be trad hardcore all you like, claiming WFP is “lazy” or doesn’t do as good a job is just maybe you haven’t found the right tools that work for you.

1 Like

Man you wfp guys get so offended, re read the post, there’s a time and a place definitely, obviously having to come back and repaint a garage door afterwards probably means it wasn’t the time or the place right…I dunno I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Your comments were honestly BRUTAL to read. My word… the level of ignorance is unreal.

What ended happening is that his painter used interior paint instead of exterior paint to do his garage. The homeowner was completely fine with it. We disclose on our website very clearly that we use waterfed poles and literally never had anyone complain or make a fuss about wanting someone to do squeegee. Actually, it’s the opposite. They seek us out because they’re glad we don’t use ladders. It would make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to pull out a squeegee and do those couple of windows while having the wfp out this entire time. NO SENSE AT ALL. We’ve used wfp on garages and never had an issue. Now take your bitter ‘old dog that wont learn new tricks’ energy elsewhere.

2 Likes

So why begin the post by saying ‘why does this keep happening to me?’ when it never happens?

As far as I can deduce both of your problems were caused by needlessly splashing water everywhere. As I keep saying…there’s a time and a place…wow you wfp bros are so protective of your poles. Sorry mate I’m just saying it how it is, so really you just came here and wanted a pat on the back and for people to tell you it’s not your fault it’s the owners fault, and now your blaming the type of paint, and having a sook at me, fact is it could easily be avoided…ok mate it wasn’t your fault…are you happy now…just keep doing what your doing, it’s working out well for you.

Man you wfp guys get so offended, was your response to my post… I am not a WFP guy… I’m a professional window cleaner that uses what ever tool for the job that makes it get clean the fastest and the best.
You seem to have a beef with anyone who uses WFP, I’d like to see a vid of you trad so I can pick the shit out of it…

The ‘why does this keep happening to me’ was a reference to another post that had NOTHING to do with wfp. You totally took my original post out of context to bash wfp and whatever beef you have with competitors that use them.

I think you’re just about done here. You misunderstood the post, revealed your lack of experience, acted a fool and now there’s nothing left to talk about. I can only imagine the level of professionalism you display to your customer base. I’ll take an apology but that’s about it. Have a great day

1 Like