Winter storage for WFP hose?

Can I leave my WFP hose on the reel in the bed of my truck for the winter, or should I take it off and store it inside? I’m using rhino tube and rhino hose.

it might be best to bury it in the back yard…or in a tar pit they preserve even dinosaurs…which by the way are thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle and then then again at the other end.

no no i’m fine really. HEY YOU MONKEYS, GET BACK TO WORK! @Skipper 's towels are funky! so much work to do.
why is everything so fuzzy and ill defined, why is the floor of the truck coming up toward my

Bill the cat says…

1 Like

you forgot to mention waxing the inside of the hose.

1 Like

I use a extension cord plastic reel for my hose. So in the winter I take it inside at night and keep it in the cap of the truck till the temp warms above 32. Most days in my area it warms up by 10 am so I am good year round with wfp.

2 Likes

i put a space heater in my van (serious advantage of van over truck here) so everything stays safe till it finally gets time to bring everything in the basement.

3 Likes

I’m trying a garden hose reel for my Rhino tube.

3 Likes

about 15 bucks, holds 120 feet of rhino tube, easy to roll in/out very light and small, hooks over handle of wash it pro.

2 Likes

Yeah I forgot to bring it inside.

Hoses withstand freezing no problem - DI tanks, RO machines, tankless water heaters, pumps and plastic connectors can all get destroyed if they freeze though.

I used to have a big tank of pure water in my truck - so in winter I’d get a big aquarium heater (a 1kw one) and drop it in the tank at night with the thermostat set to minimum (16 Celsius) which was enough to keep everything in there from freezing.

3 Likes

I left my PW hose on the reel one winter '150 new hose. I always drain it , an I thought I did 2 winters ago
Unfortunately I thought I did , but didn’t then I saw ice popping through every where :scream:… that hurt.
Oh well part of being in business. Live an learn . Never assume

2 Likes

Did that myself last winter. Ouch…

2 Likes

I always forget my tools in the truck.
One bucket of very hot water cures that in no time.
Drop your soap in ther too. That gets forgotten also.
It’s a little bit of an inconvenience, but curable very fast

Don’t get me wrong bringing it in is less of a hassle.

2 Likes

How many feet ?

One hundred feet. It was kind of crummy hose, but a real surprise when I pulled up to my first house wash in the spring to find water spraying everywhere. The damage wasn’t evident from looking at it on the reel. It split open close to the reel.