Work Belt Setup (for the newbies)

Bumped to help out the new folks on the forum. There is a lot of great pics of work belt set ups and ideas to.

Enjoy!

Update:

Added the bottle holder and swap out between 2 bottles (heavy soap and light soap). Heavy soap for jacked up restuarants and light soap for everything else.

Also, went to half scrims and added a hip clip for my sill towel (microfiber). Iā€™m really liking that hip clip. It took me a while to find the best place for it, but now it rides on the back of my towel bag and I can clip with one hand. The microfiber holds a lot of water so having the hip clip there keeps my leg from getting wet off the microfiber. Also, on residential, the hip clip can hold a screen while you do ladder work. Iā€™ll wash the screen, clip it to my bag then go up and clean a window. Really slick.

Still use the sill squeegee for outside commercial.

I modified my 12" squeegee to use the wagtail handle. I was using it on and off, but now itā€™s just a standard part of my kit. The 12 is perfect for transoms, eyelids, or whatever. Did some eyelids in a huge house (about 18ā€™ up) and just killed them. Wagga is definitely a must have even if itā€™s just for triangle/moon/round/weird windows.

I use an 18" for residential + 12. And Iā€™m still evaluating different 24ā€™s for commercial. I like the sorbo, but the slayer is slowly starting to grow on me. Superchannel is a lot heavier so thatā€™ll probably get cut down to something specific.

Great update Jared.

So your really digging the 12" with the wagtail handle.

So what new gear is everyone adding to your work belt setup this year? (ieā€¦channels,handles, brushes, or cool gadgets ect.!)

or what have you deleted from your work belt setup for this coming season?

Because I have run into the need more and more lately I have added a bottle pouch that holds a can of 27 foot spray for wasps! Hate those surprises two and three stories up.

1 Like

What brandā€¦

Did you know that you can kill them with Dawn Dish Soap mixed with water real heavy with a trigger sprayer?

I dislike poison being blown back into my face and lungs. Thereā€™s always a breeze even when you think there isnā€™t one. haha

Iā€™ve knocked them out of the air when they are in flight. The soap suffocates them and they drop.

Iā€™ll keep a bottle pre-mixed ready to give it a try this year, because there will be a time that i need itā€¦HaHa.

I put about an inch in the bottom of the bottle not a couple drops like when you clean. They breath through their shell and this seals off the air.

Hot Shot wasp and hornet; kills on contact. With an Unger belt bottle holder.

Well, 2 and 3 stories up and more than a dozen to a nest I go with Hot Shot - kills on contact and I donā€™t have to jump off the ladder to find some emergency Benadryl.

Thanks for the tip Garry!

I wouldnā€™t do a window with a dozen wasps watching me. The Dawn idea is for one to three. They need an exterminator not a window cleaning. More than a dozen?

Several times I have found upper corners of outside windows with an active nest the size of my fist. One good blast with Hot Shot and instant dead bugs. I can then keep moving and collect my pay. :slight_smile:

Yeah but I hate the nests you donā€™t see. And kabam your are hurting. I did this job this summer I was like are u kidding me. Ever where I went on that house huge nests and some of them u couldnā€™t even see they were up behind the siding. But the amount of guys that came out of there when I tried to spray it I was like holy cow. Job took way longer than it should have and if they call me back I am going to tell them they need to take care of there wasp issue before I will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Wasps usually donā€™t rebuild where they have been sprayed, if any of them survive a dose of Hot Shot. The condo I did yesterday they guy was trying to tell me how if you leave the nest after spraying the wasps wonā€™t come back to an abandoned nest. PPBBBB. All three nest were active and the biggest had at least 12 wasps fall to their death after I sprayed them. The nests came down too. I donā€™t want to get caught in a fit of assuming ever on a ladder.

so we got the wasp spray handled for this seasonā€¦ā€œHot Shot wasp and hornet; kills on contact or Dawn Dish Soap mixed with water real heavy with a trigger sprayer . With an Ungerbelt bottle holder.ā€

So what new gear is everyone adding to your work belt setup this year? (ieā€¦channels,handles, brushes, or cool gadgets ect.!)

or what have you deleted from your work belt setup for this coming season?

This year Iā€™m changing out channel size 14" for a 12" and adding an 8" to my setup.

They seem to be in the sweet spot zone for residential work.

Steve: I agree. I like the 12" for all my residential glass. I do have a small handful of small channels for french windows.

I agree 12" works well for residential work, I was think I might even move down to a 10" as my main channel, the 8" really nice to.

The lads across the pond prefer a 10" blade from what Iā€™ve read on their posts.