Would you consider yourself a window cleaning MASTER?

6 Likes

The video shows a good job being done, my opinion is he over fans the window. Least amount of strokes is faster and avoiding so many turns eliminates the opportunity for hacks.

A route guy generally is quite faster

3 Likes

Yeah sort of what I was thinking. Steveo is legit, but video seemed slow.

ā€¦Fast is over rated :grin: Overall efficiency of movement throughout the day, on and off the glass is where itā€™s at. And youā€™ll spend less energy than trying to be fast.

7 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the title of the video is a ā€˜tongue in cheekā€™ nod to PolznBladz regarding the Excelerator. They do tend to exchange some banter regards Sorbo vs Moermanā€¦ Note Steveā€™s actually using the 18" Excelerator/Fliq pretty darn efficiently.

3 Likes

Steve O has his own pace. Smooth and efficient. Great show of skill and great video.

6 Likes
2 Likes

You guys crack me up. Who cares the goal is money as fast as possible

Window Cleaning isnā€™t rocket science needs no special skill probably why 99% of us started in the first place

The real skill is making $ and most donā€™t make much

3 Likes

So is this what your saying @CASā€¦

7 Likes

Interestingly enough, thatā€™s exactly what made me consider quitting the restaurant business. I figured a good restaurant manager ought to have a leg up in just about any profession by virtue of having developed those 3 skills extensively.

1 Like

Yep lol Iā€™m the worst when it comes to all the ā€œscienceā€ behind getting a window wet and soapy and then drying it with a piece of rubber

1 Like

Itā€™s kind of a sports analogy, but pretty much applies to anyone who has mastered a physical taskā€¦ā€œthe great ones make it look easyā€.

6 Likes

nice, smooth steady efficient on a variety of styles.
:slight_smile:
:cactus:27

2 Likes

in an article about being a successful photographer the photo marketing association determined that sales ability required was 75% and talent was 25%
itā€™s true in any industry ā€œnothing happens til someone sells somethingā€.
but steve is a window cleaner and a damn good one.

6 Likes

no that is not the only goal for many. money is definitely important but so is enjoying yourself.
when i concentrate on speed alone or $ per hour i find after awhile i lose job satisfaction.when do the exact same technique every time after awhile i get bored.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think SteveO moves slow. I guess I must be slow. LOL I donā€™t even care.

Iā€™m in a zone when Iā€™m cleaning glass. Iā€™ve been thinking of writing a book. The Zen of Window Cleaning.

10 Likes

I donā€™t worry about speed anymore. I just try to be as efficient as possible.

As alwaysā€¦I think SteveO is doing a great job!

5 Likes

I think SteveO is onto something. Heā€™s my new top gun on YouTube. Simplicity at its best.

I do storefront shop windows exclusively now. Should I trade in my brass Ettore squeegees for Sorbo?

3 Likes

Steady, efficient, no wasted physical effort. The money earned will be consistent, week in week out, year in year out. Regardless of your tools of choice if your skills with them are optimised your ongoing physical AND financial wellbeing is assured.

7 Likes

+one :slight_smile:

Great post!

1 Like