All you non-WFP guys

That is basically what I’m hearing here. Which isn’t necessarily bad…

It’s not that bad but nothing beats a jeep, hahaha…

Clean windows are not cheap,
And cheap windows are not clean…

Tommy
C-Clear Window Cleaning
© 903.261.3806

[MENTION=1783]whatapane[/MENTION] I am not putting the numbers we produce on the public forum. Even if I did you would probably argue with it more. I’m not mad at you. I fundamentally disagree about the safety of ladders…but then, I’m building a business, not trying to be the best ladder monkey the world has ever seen.

PS - You’re right, I can be arrogant. I wish you nothing but the best, however, and the same to each person on this forum. Have a good week, and be safe on those ladders.

Not sure what you’re talking about, but this thread should come off as a plethora of very valuable information… not some biased people raging about how great x, y, or z is. There are years of experience littered throughout this thread, so sit back, read it all and soak it in.

Thanks Tommy for your two . Glad to see a new guy to the thread step up and speak out,
I’m no Mod, but if you two don’t stop this see-saw battering you both are go’n to soon be chas’n guys like Tommy off to some other window cleaning site where he may not learn how to clean the way he could here.

Now let’s jus’ stop, kiss and make up … shake hands whatever.

This about $ums it up you troll.

I had to give a presentation on Monday about the “Currency of China.”
I couldn’t give a sh*t about China or their currency, but I did everything I could to make sure my presentation was the best.

The urge to excel at everything I do is just in my nature. But I do understand where you’re coming from.

Oh, and…[INDENT]- I’m not arrogant… I’m just BETTER than everyone else![/INDENT]

I don’t think that’s necessary.
I consider Michael to be a ‘student of the game’ and offers pretty solid advice.

I think sometimes we members come off as ‘smartasses.’ But I, personally take that as a a sign of comfort/familiarity.

Thanks buddy.

cleaning methods vary from city to city, neighborhood to neighborhood, job to job.

I bid on a job that looked like a great candidate for wfp. it was a 1st and 2nd story glass railing around the entire house. no hard debris just smudges from children fingerprints and light dust. I was anticipating it taking me only 2 hours with wfp where-as I would have guessed it would take about 4 hours with traditional (ladders would be needed on the 2nd level exterior side).

day of the job i start on the first piece of glass and notice that the white paint around the frames was bleeding, Damn it, Oxidation!!
attempted to alter my technique with the wfp and completed the first five glass panes. went back to look at the glass and
the conditions were such that wfp was going to be impossible.

went back and got my traditional tools and completed the job in about 4 hours.

Even as a sometime smartazz myself, I have to agree. When everyone is trying to keep it cool, let’s be cool, and yes rivitor, lots of good info.

Just as an add on let’s keep in mind, the world is watching. For real.

The block button works fine. Have fun with your 'bros.

So here’s a “new guy” question. If you’re using the WFP, does that leave water stains since you’re not using a squeegee and just kind of letting it air dry?

it does not leave water stains if you are using pure water, because the reason water leaves spots/stains is because of the minerals in it. If you purify the water and clean with WFP, you can get spotless results and just allow the water to dry on the glass.

That’s why you’re YOU and I’m the new guy. Lol But thank you for that explanation.

haha no problem. let me know if I can help. As you may have guessed from reading this thread, I really think WFP and pure water is the way to go! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear this. Up until now, I would have considered you one.

In general, I don’t think there’s one person here that I wouldn’t sit and have a beer with.

I like beer…
But seriously, I have been cleaning glass 10x longer than the 3 years I have been using a wfp. I new very little of the results that are possible prior to investing almost $9000 in the setup that I felt would work best for me. I had a handful of homes that I was tired of using a 40’ ladder on and wanted to continue cleaning for them. I would say I have improved greatly over the past 3 years but with the different conditions I come across, the wfp is not for every window. When it works, it leaves almost an eerie kind of clean but when it becomes a struggle, for me it is just easier to clean it traditionally. I am glad I invested in the wfp system but it will continue to be another tool in the tool box.

What a shame, over a difference of opinion.
You buying?

Is it just me or does it seem like like WFP is really popular in europe? Is that because of more strict safety regulations? Building styles? or am I wrong?