Business cards and gaining storefront customers

Where did you guys go to get your business cards designed? I would like them to look really good but do realize I could go with a basic design and be fine. Just want to take the extra step. Also is there a way to get storefront customers other than just walking in and asking? Looking for a way to get customers “passively” like you can with residential thorough fliers, FB ads, door hangers, etc. Just making sure there isn’t a way that I’m overloooking. Thanks

You can’t get storefront passively until you’ve built up routes where people see you and ask you to bid them.

1 Like

Thanks for the link to the other post. One thing I remembered because of it was invoice sheets. I would’ve totally forgotten. I remembered to get receipts but not invoices lol. Thanks again

If you’re going to do storefronts look into the customer factor for scheduling and invoicing.

Or Jobber…

Just took a look at it. It looked great until I saw the pricing… 50$ a month. Holy crap lol. I’m way too broke right now for that kind of money. I was thinking of keeping everything paper for now until I could ensure I can get customers and what not. I’ll keep it in mind though

Noted

I think house call pro has a free version to get you started. If not there are apps out there like invoice to go.

Yeah I have house call pro downloaded. Man those guys are either super helpful or just way too over the top, not really sure yet. I must have gotten 5 calls and 3 text messages wishing maybe 2-3 weeks just asking if I had questions and what not. Appreciated it but almost feel like it was over the top. But yeah I have it downloaded I think it’s like 15 jobs a month is free so Ill probably start with paper then move to that and then to a paid service after that.

Business cards? Vista is who I use. It’s not hard to design yourself.

Passive way to get storefront? A well written sales letter mailed directly, hand addressed.

3 Likes

@Parker1751

Check out this thread on business cards, some great ideas and designs…

Lets see your business card

Vista print my friend. You can pick from thousands of designs and design the cards yourself in like 20 mins or less. Plus once you order from them once or twice you start receiving coupons like 500 cards for 9.99 etc. As far as advertising, storefronts are best obtained by pounding the pavement and getting face to face with the people running the stores. Although, corporate owned businesses can be obtained through calling the higher ups and being persistent. Once you’ve gotten into the door with them (sometimes feels impossible) you become what they call a preferred vendor which can ultimately land you almost automatic and guaranteed recurring work for other stores they have around the county or even neighbor counties as long as they don’t already have a window cleaner. I myself have quite a few dollar generals, clinics and check cashing places through this outlet. Just have to know who to call. I did dollar general by my house because they saw me a lot getting things for the house with my company shirt on and one day asked for a bid, from there I got in good with them and got ALOT of other stores from word of mouth. Time is your best friend as long as your work is quality.

3 Likes

You’ve got a computer I assume. download gimp 2.0 and inkscape both are open source = free. Watch a couple tutorial videos and that’s all the tools you’ll need for a long time for designing flyers, cards, invoices, etc.

Alright sounds good. Thanks

this is how are cards look. maybe it will help

1 Like

Watched to video yesterday day afternoon. Definitely like the backs of your cards, super cool.

its worked well for us , mainly use it for storefronts

3 Likes

Vista prints for your cards and just about most for now.

Trust me when I say WE ALL under stand money is tight, but I am one that started on. Itching. I decided to spend 2-3k he didn’t have to start my business three years ago.

You really really need to get the free book for 9.99 shipping it has so much information. I live this book now!!

https://windowcleaner.com/free-book

1 Like

Spend money to make money no pain no gain. If you feel way too comfortable, you’re doing it wrong.

2 Likes

Already have the marketing blueprint book! It’s right next to my bed right now. I “browsed” through it when I first got it. Liked the content but didn’t fully focus in because I was still making excuses and procrastinating starting my business. I will be reading and taking notes very soon