Discount for volume?

What I’m saying is. I don’t think customers think I have a big house so I better get a discount.

1 Like

You keep assuming that know one gets big houses , because they didn’t discount it. Your wrong !!!
You have no clue what your talking about. We understand you don’t make money when your driving.
Your coming off like your smarter than us because you’ve come up with this elaborate plan to discount big houses :rofl::rofl:
I think I’d know by know whether I had to discount big houses to get them. Guess what … I don’t :rofl::drooling_face:

2 Likes

After a while you learn that it is beneficial to you to charge by the job and not generally by the pane. Per pane pricing has its place; per job pricing also has its place in both commercial and residential - even though commercial is different than residential.

3 Likes

This.
I have a yearly job that takes me less time to do with WFP than traditional but because the ladder sets are difficult I charge it as traditional and it is $825 in/out = 4 hours. I can finish it in about 4.5 traditional but it is a pain in the ass. The customer is very happy with the look of clean windows and gladly looks forward to the next clean as I just switched her to Quarterly clean (I’ll give $25 off in/out quarterly). i.e., I didn’t pack my shit up and have to slink away for some other job. I sold it and I did it.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of jobs like this. It just goes to show ya… if you have the balls to push the envelope you can make more than your desired hourly.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think anyone here is trying to say that there isn’t room for discounting on volume, or it’s somehow unfeasible. Just that it’s unnecessary.

2 Likes

Hince the not announcing

You don’t route residential or charge for ladder work on residential?

And I’ve done a 3,400 dollar job in 2.5 hours with me and one guy that’s $680 a man hour and have a 8k job that takes 5 days solo. Whats your point???

So its a secret discount that only you know about. lol

• Im teasing…
  • I think I get where you are coming from, you would ‘bid the job, to GET that job’
    (meaning you might get a little more aggressive on this one, than the other ones you might have looked at today)
  • you can spend more time, and make more money/less travel/setup.
2 Likes

Yet your talking about discounting volume. Make up your mind :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t know what your taking about route residential. What do you mean by this ?

Scheduling neighbors if possible as opposed to driving all over. Everyday that I schedule my reoccurring customers I try to schedule them with other reoccurring customers close to where they are because you make more money from the “volume” that is close by. Example you could take $100 an hour jobs that are all within 2 minutes of driving time in a residential area and you will make more money at the end of the day than if you have $110 an hour jobs but they’re spread all over the place. This is because of volume. Again I’m not talking about working for bucket bob prices and trying to be the cheap dude with high volume I’m talking about still working for a good dollar but due to volume you’re making more money.

I understand that completely and with commercial I do bid a bit differently than in Residencial.
That said, some residential clients would call with this building and say, “it has four large fixed windows, larger than a standard; one on the south, one on the west, …” lol

1 Like

I choose not to compete based on price and it’s resulted in our having more work than we can handle.

I’m not cheap and being the lowest bid is not my strategy. My point is you can still make your goal with a “SLIGHTLY” lower per pane price when there is mass volume. Nowhere did I say to slash your prices 40% or be the cheap guy when there is volume. I feel like you guys are taking this to an extreme or talking about a tiny tiny tiny difference in price. You guys have it in your head that I’m saying to like give your services away if there is volume.

No, I think most of us get the concept. We just don’t get the point. Will that ~5% discount for higher volume really improve your closing rate?

If it does, then more power to you. But I think what most are saying here, is that a 5% or so discount doesn’t affect their closing rate; it’s just leaving money on the table.

Only way to really test this out, is split testing two pricing models side by side, and collecting enough data to make an informed choice. The rest is all theoretical.

1 Like

This

It’s kinda like double secret probation, BUT better

1 Like

Don’t want to keep going on and on about this thing , but my whole point is. Your giving a discount when I feel you don’t have to. I belive you would still get the majority of your jobs . You say it’s small discount. Well I really don’t hunk a small discount matters to some of these million dollar houses.
Maybe to a small percentage , but they’re just the Ones that are acting out of human nature.

And if you’re going to give a discount why hide it. Write it up as a first time customer discount. With your price , and the discounted price. JMO !! What your doing isn’t wrong I get it. Plus it’s your business lol I think you can do what you want. We’re just hear giving opinions sometimes they do help to get another prospective.