Equipment for new guy

I know there are probably plenty of threads on this but 1. I can’t seem to find them and 2. I want the most updated list, just in case there’s anything newer that came out that is better. Feel free to give me crap in the comments for asking this because I know the experienced members probably see this too much but what are your guys recommendations for storefront equipment for the new guy. Brand names, sizes, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if it bothers anyone. Feel free to express your irritation below. Haha thanks guys

This will get started with looking up what you need.

Most people use the same basic tools that they used years ago today.

Here’s another link that you can spends hour looking pics and list of tools that different people use there are over 700 post in that thread alone on what people prefer…

Hope this helps!

Oh try different key words and or phrase in the search option, so much great information in there.

3 Likes

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

For storefront:
Ettore brass channels with ledge eze handles, Ettore swivel T-bar and Moerman scrubber sleeve
10", 18"

Ettore master replacement rubber

5 gal bucket w/gamma lid (available at Lowe’s and home depot) for water
Additional buckets optional for toting towels and tools

Buncha lint free towels from WCR

Moerman 9’ extension pole is my favorite all-around size for storefront, and the tip interfaces nicely with Ettore hand tools.

Any scraper from WCR, some extra blades and a couple packs of bronze wool

Dawn 2x or 3x dish soap from the supermarket

Skills are more important than tools. Thats all you need. Now go get 'em.
:grin:

7 Likes

So true!!!
Watch Steve O on YouTube he’s a master at traditional technique with traditional tools. Sometimes he gets fancy with the new swivel tools for fun but he’ll tell you the regular way is the way to make more money per hour.

Keep It Simple :sunglasses:
Good Luck

7 Likes

Also @Luke has plenty of great vids on the business side of things and all things WCing as well. Worth watching a bunch.

6 Likes

WCR should sell that- little linen bag full of styrofoam but labeled “skill”, “technique” maybe “motivation” they’d be a hit.

2 Likes

Reanna and I put together a basic window cleaning kit. Window Cleaning Starter Kits - Ettore, Pulex, Moerman, and more – WindowCleaner.com. It can be found on wcr . We tried putting everything you would need in this kit. You would still need a belt tho, I recommend picking up one at Lowe’s or home depot

2 Likes

I’m guessing you cut and paste that response. Correct?

1 Like

Pretty much. Lord knows it comes up often enough lol

1 Like

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

Be sure to nab some Unger Zero Degree swivels, old school version.

Then you can just sell them and retire.

1 Like

Hey player, keep the new guys out of my game… :wink:

4 Likes

What do ya think my plan is?:yum: not really…

1 Like

Don’t waste your $ on cheap equipment from Lowes and Home D. Buy the established brands you see mentioned here.

2 Likes

Home Depot has a nice belt by husky for $20. You also pick up from there a
Bucket , razor blades , steel wool, paint brush and a paint can opener for screens

Found out Friday that the home depot unger squeegee handle makes an awesome Screen out type tool with the claw removed.

2 Likes

REPLYING TO YOUR EQUIPMENT NEEDS…

HI PARKER1751…I WAS A LOT LIKE YOU WHEN I STARTED. I WANTED THE BEST SO I GOT IT. I HAVE A H2PRO RODI UNIT WITH A 50 GALLON TANK AND ANOTHER 25 GALLON TANK. IT WAS PURCHASED LAST YEAR NEW FOR $6000. I HAVE A MINI REACH IT POLE WITH EXTENSIONS. I ALSO USED INDOOR POLES INSTEAD OF A SQUEEZES . (LESS LADDER) I HAVE A 25 FT THAT EXTENDS 25 FT AND A 3 FT POLE. ALL THIS I USED FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS SOMETIMES ONCE OR TWICE PER WEEK. I GOT UP TO 25 REPEAT CUSTOMERS AND THEN I HAD AN ACCIDENT. I FELL OFF A ROOF. DO TO INJURIES I NEED TO SELL. YOUR LUCKY DAY! LIKE I SAID I PAID 6K FOR IT. I WOULD SELL RODI FOR $4500. THE INDOOR POLES WITH A LOT OF OTHER THINGS THAT WIL COME IN HANDY I WILL SELL AT 1200. IF YOU WOULD LIKE PICTURES EMAIL ME AT DARRYLBROWN41@HOTMAIL.COM. YOU CAN CONNECT MORE POLES ALSO TO THIS RODI.

Parker1751:

I don’t think anyone is going to be clear, on exactly what you have for sale. But you have not been here since March, and you are feeding the same story since then. I would think at this point you would be healed up, but what do I know.

If you are just selling an RO/DI unit and a mini, you will never sell it for 4500 unless you find a fool. They didn’t cost that much new. :grin:

I’m also pretty sure this new guy is looking for hand tools, and not a big investment in WFP. Though I gotta point out the irony in you investing in WFP to avoid ladders (as well as interior poles), only to fall off a roof.

1 Like

For your info I had life altering injuries…lady asked me if I’d clean soffit and facia. I couldn’t reach facia with pole hanging out 10 ft with me on the ladder. It was a dormer that set way back off the roofline. I took 4 steps and slid off the roof 25 ft onto concrete. I was on life support for a week. Just to let you know I’m not a liar. The RODI was purchased for $6000…$6475 with delivery. Check out Racenstein that’s where I bought it…so I’m not a liar…so I’m not sure what you know either. The RODI is fully equipped with 350 ft of hose. TDS is monitored by a device mounted on the RODI unit that will shut off water based on your TDS setting. So I’m not a liar. I’m pretty sure your the owner of this site. I spent hundreds of dollars with you and that’s how you treat your customers? I’m not mad… you just needed educated. I won’t be back.

1 I’m not the owner of the site. I’m just another business owner like most all the others here.
2 I just looked up the H2pro, and the most expensive unit they sell is 3500 with a pump. I’m sure there is nothing wrong with those systems, but they can be had (an RO/DI) for much less, even from here. For what you claim to have paid, you can buy a van mounted system from here, and have money left over.

If you want to sell the system, then I honestly would suggest that you take pictures, fill out a complete description, and ask for best offers. You likely won’t get what you want, but you would get offers of what someone would be willing to pay for it.

And no, I didn’t mean to make fun of you and what happened, but you don’t see the irony in a guy investing tons to avoid ladder work, only to do something unsafe and fall off a roof?

1 Like