New waterfed video series

Hey John, what kind of brush do you think is the all around best general purpose brush?

I’m thinking of trying to get a dual jetted boars hair brush, if I can find one.

My go-to brush is a Vikan mono with pencil jets

Boar hair is great for really dirty windows; too heavy above two stories; sheds a bit at times, and traps dirt (requires rinsing off-the-glass.)

I thought Shawn would dual-jet any of his brushes…ask him.

having started with the Tucker dual trim, the Vikan and others have been quite different to work with

seems the single trim bristles just don’t fan out that much, causing the brush head to bang around making noise hitting the frames, a clearance issue, not a slower or more precise movement issue, the brush head will just hit the frame before the bristles do

Do they make a double trim Vikan?

I know Gardiner makes a DT.

Fan jets don’t work well with a boars hair brush in my experience.

I’ve loved the Vikan brush for the past few years, but am now falling in love with the Gardiner dual trim, with pencil and deluxe fan jets.

I didn’t know that about the boars hair brushes. That’s good to know. Maybe I should consider getting a boars hair for special occasions and a monofiliment brush for general cleaning.

I saw that the Gardiner SLXs come with double jetted brushes.

Even with trimming?

Hmmm, you guys have me convinced to pass on the hogs hair for the moment, and get a regular brush. Dual trim of course;) I hadn’t realized that the boars hair was so temperamental.

That’s on my (virtual) Wish List.

Sorry for the late reply bud.

I find a 12 inch Vikan is the best all around brush. I have several brushes, but if I had to give up all but one, the 12 inch Vikan with pencil jets is the one I’d keep. Dual jetted is always good too, then you’re ready for everything.

I actually never bothered to trim it. Seems like I’d have to trim a lot more than I’d like since the bristles aren’t as stiff as the Vikan. I did have to trim some on my Vikan to get the fan jets to flow better. I hardly ever use the boars hair brush anyway. It gets tiring with all that drag.

Amen Brother!

What brush is it that comes standard on the Gardiner SLX poles? I know they are dual jetted, but I didn’t see anything else about them.

This is the brush… its pretty sick these are going to start coming on the facelift poles… Much better than the vikans IMO

RHG Dual Trim Nylon Brush 12 inch

Looks like I need to add that to my collection.

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

We’ve released another new episode of Waterfed Class on WCR on my affiliate site. This week’s episode teaches the basic technique for cleaning a residential window. You can see the video here: Mile High Window Cleaning Supply. Once there, scroll down to the blog section to see the video. Also be sure to check out this week’s sale item, which is detailed in the video post.

I liked this brush so much I bought one fo each of my poles

I’d love to see Shawn do a sill brush with bristles on the sides as well. Oh and make it dual jets please. :wink:

John,

I’ll be doing a lot of cabins soon. I’d love to see technique on WFPing triangular or other odd shaped windows like the ones on big time fancy cabins.

Gracias

Daniel

There is an upcoming episode that has a half moon shaped pane in it. The episode isn’t specifically about odd shaped windows, but you’ll be able to see the technique I use.
Filming is done for this first season, so this may be a subject we can cover in the next season.