Ninja vs Sorbo

:+1: The one with the black top is the 40.

Wow I couldnā€™t imagine a 30Ā° handle. The 40 seems closer to the brass Ettore Squeegees than the typical Unger squeegee which has traditionally been a wider angle than the Ettore. Maybe it has to do with the angle built into the Ninja channel.

1 Like

I just looked at my black handle and saw ā€œ40ā€ for the first time. I didnā€™t know there was two types. Now I want a 30 degree.

3 Likes

Yeah I havenā€™t noticed anything on my ninja handle. Now I am going to look.

NInja bought out the 30Ā° to little fanfare only about a year ago and Iā€™ve been waiting on someone to do a side by side comparison. So will wait patiently on one of you guys :slight_smile:

Sorbo, Ninja, Ettore Pro Contour 40Ā°ā€¦standard channel handles tend to be shallower. Original Ettore brass 35, Unger sit at 30. Not an issue if you know this. Thatā€™s why I talk often about ā€˜dialling inā€™ the blade angle to glass. I personally find the 40ā€™s uncomfortable to use and closing out on deep frames can be a challenge. An exception to that is the spring loaded Contoure from Ettore. Iā€™m warming to this handle. Seems to work particularly well with the Liquidator Channel.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a lot of veterans talking about that 20 degree angle is the ultimate standard angle. But no handle has that angle, so they modify them.
Never tried it myself.
Personally I really dig the Sorbo handle. Doesnā€™t see the negative about it.

2 Likes

This originally was discovered by Herman regarding the Wagtail about 3 years ago. Easy to heat and modify so I tried it. Within a month I had all my working Wags at between 20 and 25Ā°. So much smoother in hand and the integrity of the pivot is improved. Last year PolznBladz having been using the prototype Excelerator and finding his preferred in hand angle was the 25, pivoting AND fixed, put a Moerman handle in his trusty vice, did a few upper body exercises with it and stated playing with fixed handle at 25Ā°. He gave me the heads up on it and I did the sameā€¦ I have now butchered all 3 of my fixed handles because it simply feels ā€˜rightā€™. Their original black handle with everything epoxied at 25Ā° on an 18" Liquidator is my favourite ā€˜fixedā€™ combination.

1 Like

In the hand I really prefer the exceleratorā€™s 25Ā° configuration. I used ergo-tec handles for a long time and I believe they are in the same neighborhood.

On a pole though, I have to set it at 40Ā° because Iā€™m a petite male and itā€™s easier to close out overhead if the handle hooks over the frame a bit.

4 Likes

Agreed. On the deeper frames if using an angle adaptor I find it sometimes beneficial to put Exc at 10Ā° and alter the angle adaptor to suit. By the by, Ergotec is 30Ā°.

3 Likes

I always thought it was shallower than that. The more you knowā€¦

1 Like

With the Ettore brass you can just lay it on the ground and step on it to make it whatever angle you want it to be! :joy:

8 Likes

Right, @Dangerous made a video of it a few years back here. Itā€™s how he made his zero degree handle! :wink:

1 Like

I made my own 0Ā° this way! Still use it on occasion.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t it Dave ???

1 Like

Yes it was @Dangerous

I remember Dangeā€™s video.

2 Likes

Here one of his videos, I couldnā€™t find the day zero degree one (yet).

Hereā€™s the link to the post thoughā€¦

1 Like

His videos are so funny. I love his personality.

2 Likes

I bet a day in the life of Dangerous Dave would be worthy of a reality show.

1 Like

Zorbo