Screen repair tutorial from Mark The Window Cleaner

New screen builds from $45-$60. I never buy from Home Depot, too expensive. I always buy wholesale.

We get $50-75
I wish i could buy in bulk. The demand (and amount of storage space available) isn’t great enough to do so.

Most of the parts come in 100 count bags and I just shove them on a shelf in the garage and restock the truck as needed. But the savings of buying wholesale over HD are astronomical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

The year with a larger account base, I look forward to buying in bulk. Im looking forward to less HD run’s for sure.

Do you buy all your mesh at HD too? I don’t do much screen work but when I was buying at HD it wasn’t worth my time to screen. $2 for 4. Corners vs $0.50 for 4 corners. It ads up quickly.

Yes right now I pick everything up from HD or Ace hardware. Its pricey but when your not doing a lot of screens “yet” it works.

It does work. I started there as well so I know how it goes.

What’s the deal with CR Laurence? I tried to sign up for an account and they said I denied.

They didn’t even want to “just be friends.”

Sent from my Panasonic VCR. Please set the clock before responding.

[MENTION=12729]JaredAI[/MENTION] did you try to sign up online? Call them instead and be ready to send them proof you’re legitimate business. They don’t sell to the public.

I JUST spoke with someone else about this lol

CRL makes most, if not all, of their supplies available on Amazon

At the same price? Or do they charge more on amazon?

They denied me twice before I finally got someone that understood that I didn’t just clean windows. If they feel your company doesn’t qualify they will deny the application without looking any further into it.

Not sure

GReat business model, eh?

I just found a local shop that has some great prices. How do they compare to CRL?

Corners: $0.24 each
Pull tabs: $0.10 each
Extrusions: can’t remember exactly but it was like $4 for a 12’ stick
Spline: 1500’ for $26

I did call CRL and they just wanted to see that I did screen repair on my website. If I add that page, they’ll approve me, but after finding this local shop, I’m curious how much more I can really save.

I was trying to figure out how to add the jig to my truck and then just figured out I could just screw it into the table I already have.

What you guys think?

Now I just need to put a couple of wheels on the rear legs of my table to make it easy in/out. When I hang it off my tailgate, it makes for a handy waist high table. I like it.

What did you make the jig out of. Looks fairly simple and straightforward

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Home Depot had the jig for like $100. Which was cheaper than all the screen places online. But now that I have it, I can source the parts from my local metal supplier and it’ll be a LOT cheaper.

Online or in store?

Home depot has them online.

Sent from my Panasonic VCR. Please set the clock before responding.

Thanks! I will have to take a peek.