What's for dinner?

We have a local place that will sell us dough and we make our own pizzas. Even though it’s their dough, I like ours better than theirs.

However, while I was in Iowa we had an awesome Chicago pizza place up the street from us and man do I miss it. Chicago is da bomb. We did find a good recipe for deep dish dough on this pizza forum. We tried it a few times but it’s a pain since you pretty much need to prepare the dough the night before.

Ha! I swear, that’s where I ended up with my Peperoni research.

It’s funny. “Anatomy of a search”…
Pizza Peperoni curl
What causes Pepperoni to cup
Pepperoni with collagen casing

• and there I was. :cool:
    It’s a great forum, from what I read.

Incidentally, as a Detroiter, I refuse to do anything “CHICAGO style.”

F- the White Sox
F- the Bulls
F- the Bears.
And double F- those BlackHawks

Chlidish, I know, but… that’s just how I roll.

No ignorance if you havnt done it before how would you know !

I don’t put in any spices you can if you would like to kick it up a notch

Maybe some oregano I think with the basil an the onion an garlic you should he good .
That is just a simple marinara sauce. I use it for ravioli or stuffed shells or manicotti. I make a alla vodka sauce with that also. But there is another sauce that goes with the alla vodka too an they both get added together

When I make spaghetti or Rigtoni. I make a nice sauce with meatballs an sausage or braciole or a nice hunk of pork .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

Yeah, I feel you but their pizza is the only redeeming thing that I can think of. We went to Chicago once and had Gino’s pizza and holy crap it was good. The bacon on top was like the icing on awesome.

There have only ever been a few eating experiences that have stuck out in my mind. One was that pizza in chicago. The other one was this burger I had in St. Louis. I don’t know what soft cheddar is, but sheesh, you put that on a great burger with some crispy bacon and you’ve got something truely epic.

I hate to brag, but you haven had pizza till you come to NY. Half The reason I don’t have a pizza stone .

And

F The giants
F. The Yankees
F. The Rangers

And F all my friends that are fans of those teams. F-me I don’t have a leg to stand on. Mets Jets islanders an Knicks. Wait Islanders are back …

I knew a New Yorker would have to chime in. :wink:

Naw, I can get a thin crust pretty much anywhere. There are “authentic” NY pizza joints in Durango and in Albuquerque and I know they’re not New York New York but thin just doesn’t get me excited. I’ll eat it don’t get me wrong, I’ll always eat pizza. Except for some of the local joints I’ve tried that give me heart burn just thinking about them.

But I like the thick crust thick cheese loaded toppings and topped off with sauce. I want to use a fork to shovel that mess. It gives me a warm glow inside just thinking about it.

But then again, I’m of the opinion that any pizza that doesn’t have meat on it is just cheese bread. And fruit on a pizza is sinful and should be a crime. And folding a pizza just makes me squint like “say whaaaaat?”

We don’t just do thin crust here . Although I am privy to thin now. :)Dam I remember when there was just two things you could get regular or Sicilian. Never thin !
Now they have ,grandma slice ,deep dish ,buffalo slice, Marsala slice, ziti slice, chicken parm slice,
I remember when two slices, and a coke was $1.00. Now it’s $7.00

Btw a regular slice (Neapolitan ) I always fold :slight_smile:

this is very crucial , if your garlic turns brown you have to start all over again. I use fresh tomatoes (10-15). total cook time about 2 hr.

Yes!! And it is season your onions with salt.
Not season till translucent had to fixi that. Man that would be real salty if ya did It tthat way

Alright, so I checked out Neapolitan.
It goes from thick to thinner in the middle, right?
Pretty much forces you to fold?

I always thought it was because of the slice size. :o
-another lesson learned!

You guys are humbling the shit out of me, [B]but I like it! [/B]:smiley:

Neopolitan is called a regular slice yes it’s like a triangle . Hence pizza pie !

Then ya have Sicilian slice. Square an thick

Then ya have grandma slice . square an thin. My personal fav . Of course it has to be from my favorite pizza place that is closest to my house .Umbertos !
Just like any state we have places that are just fantastic , an there are pizza places that are like how do you stay in business .

Pizza 101 !

Sheesh. I hate this thread. It makes me hungry and I just finished my breakfast burrito. I need to unsubscribe to whatever is going on here…

See you guys back here in a couple hours via the app.

I made some great chili this weekend, have been eating that all week.

I’ve got tamales! But for me it’s not a dinner food, it’s breakfast: tamales + fried eggs = awesome. I was going to start a breakfast thread, but I only know how to make like 5 dishes.

The recipe for tamales is really super simple:

1. Make your own masa don’t buy the store stuff
  2. Make some pork
    2a. Boil some corn husks
  3. Roll it up in a corn husk and cook it

If you want more detail on each step, yeah, so do I. Mom just makes them in the winter and I can’t get her to write the recipe for nothing. I tried following along one year, but that didn’t work. I just need to video her doing everything.

Are you single?

How funny.

I was watching George Lopez show re-runs at like 4 a.m.

He did a joke about his daughter wanting to be a poet…
He said [B]he was[/B] a poet- “Carmen, please dont make me beg… how I’d like a sandwich with Masa and egg.”

Didn’t get it, not sure I still do, but… it makes a little more sense now.

George is hilarious. Remember that time we went to sea world and they had that tank full of lobsters and the really good biscuits?

Masa is basically your hominy (aka pasole aka big white corn) which is boiled and then ground up. If you make it too runny it’s gross. Too dry and it’s gross. A lot of restaurants that sell tamales are heavy on the masa and cheap on the meat. You get a corn husk, spread some masa in it, then drop come meat in the middle and roll it up like a burrito. Then you like steam it for xxx amount of minutes and the masa becomes like a corn bread/tortilla.

Hominy is huuge. I never looked into it before.
The kernals are like the size of a quarter. :eek:

[MENTION=1736]JfromtheD[/MENTION]. did you end up making that pizza .

Can you do this yet ^^

Looks like me with a squeegee :slight_smile: